Last night, I put on my game face and went to a bar in Paris. Okay, well I shouldn't give myself that much credit-- the bar was specifically chosen to host an Internationals MeetUp night. found a site online called Meetup.com and basically I what you do is search for a group that has common interests and you can go to events that they have scheduled (or eventually, create your own events).
I found a couple of different ones- one for American Expats and this one for all International Expats. I met people from various countries - Italy, France, Germany, Bulgaria, Croatia, U.S. etc. I also told myself that I wanted to remember their names and for the most part, I do! It really does help to say their name right after you meet them (try it sometime!).
Everyone there was so nice and knew exactly how it felt to live in a city and not really know anyone, so there is one thing that you know that you already have in common! They were all pretty amazed that I was from New York-- THE BIG APPLE. I would definitely go to more of their events and on Friday I'm checking out a different group (meetin.com), so we'll see how many new friends I can make!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have a lot of blogs to catch up on. Make sure to talk about your romantic excursions as well.
Post a Comment