Well, I gave Belgium one more shot. This time I headed to Brugge for work. The town is absolutely adorable, although I do not understand who lives there, because the streets were dead at 3pm, 6pm and 10pm, except for a few English-speaking tourists and the IBM-ers.
Maybe I know why. MAYBE they don't like being eating by bedbugs. Maybe the smart people moved out when they woke up with three red dots on their face. Oh no wait-- that was me! Not to mention that when I get down to the reception desk at 7am, all of the lights are off, there is no one to be found, and the front door is locked so you can't get out. Fire hazard much? Finally, some non-English speaking woman opens the door for me and I run out and make it to the train station with a few minutes to spare. Needless to say I couldn't get far enough away fast enough.
I guess it wasn't all bad. I met some nice French IBMers that invited me out to dinner; we did some sightseeing and had some good food.
The moral of the story is: check your hotel room before sleeping in it and DON'T GO TO BELGIUM!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment