Monday, October 20, 2008

LaTiSu (Lauren Tia and Susan!!)

Susan and Tia came into Paris, so I took a few days off to have some fun with them. We had a solid 4 days of fun, shopping and sightseeing.

I'm really glad they came (for more than one reason, obviously) because I really got to know my area of Paris. For example, we found some great boutiques up in the Montmartre area, not to mention some great restaurants.

My new favorite is the fondue restaurant (thank you Marco for the suggestion!!), Refuge des Fondues-- it's certainly not your everyday, proper etiquette type place. Picture walking into a small restaurant with 5, 4 person tables on each side and walls covered in the markings of the previous guests. Then picture climbing over the table to get to your seat, then having a 4 inch deep pot with boiling cheese placed in front of you. And how could I forget the wine served out of baby bottles?? Alright, so it sounds super strange, but the atmosphere was great and the fondue was amazing!

We also made sure that we had some nice rich hot chocolate on a cool afternoon, sat in the Jardin du Luxembourg (you can't go wrong there on a sunny day), saw the Mona Lisa at the Louvre, and ate breakfast crepes near the Eiffel Tower.

We also headed out to Versailles for the afternoon, and I never thought I would say this, but I was disappointed! Jeff Koons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Koons) had a modern art exhibit going on throughout the Chateau and IT COMPLETELY RUINED THE EXPERIENCE. Here is Susan making fun of one of the "works of art":


Sadly, the vacation had to end and the ladies have gone home, however, I will see them next week in the US (yes, that's right, I'm coming home!) and I may live with Susan when I come back home for good (still not sure exactly when, but we'll figure it out).

No comments: