This weekend I headed out to the UK to stay with [those whom I now consider] my adopted UK family- the Waimans (at home this weekend was Mom (Myra), and 2 of 4 children, Ruth and Alex). This is my second stay at the Waiman residence, and it always proves to be fun, interesting and educational. Friday night we sat down to a traditional Sabbath dinner, filled with family friends and lots of good food (it was a "meat" night).
I also got to see a beautiful part of northwest London- Hampstead Heath which is complete with green rolling hills, a view of central London and a "secret" garden. The weather was absolutely amazing -- 70 degrees with no humidity -- what can I say-- I bring the nice weather.
Saturday night we went out to a few bars in an area of East London called Hoxton Square. The club that we went to played the most random music but everyone had a good time dancing to it. Then we ate night burgers at one of the few restaurants open in London past midnight-- gotta love late night burgers and chips.
Then today, it was back to work... just need to make it through tomorrow and Wednesday, then I get 2 days off (plus the weekend) to spend with my girls Tia and Susan when they come to Paris!!(Sorry blog readers-- I didn't take any pictures this weekend, and I couldn't find any online that did the park justice. I hope my descriptions will fill that void...)
No comments:
Post a Comment