Sunday, September 7, 2008

La Rive Gauche

Today I headed over to La Rive Gauche (the left bank of the Seine). Actually, I got off the Metro at Cité, which is located on Île de la Cité. I saw the Notre Dame Cathedral, took a walk around inside and took some pictures (it said no cameras, but everyone else was taking pictures, so I figured I wouldn't be the first one to get thrown out). Did you know that it took them 185 years to build Notre Dame?

Then I walked along the Seine towards the Muse
é D'Orsay, and had some lunch along the way, but decided once I got there that since it was late in the afternoon and there were long lines, that I would just keep walking. I was extremely tempted to buy some original art pieces that vendors along the river were selling, but I figured I would have plenty of time to do that.

I ended up at the Eiffel Tower and just sat and took some pictures there. I can't wait to go up it again, but I figured I would wait until later this week when Sarah is here!

I can't wait to insert some of my own pictures into my blog, but currently my camera's USB cord is in the U.S. Perhaps my Aunt Sue will loan me hers one day? :-)

Thankfully the rain held off so far and I was able to get in another nice day of sightseeing! Going to have dinner with a new friend (I hope) tonight.

Here was today's route - a solid 3.3 mi/5.31 km (click image to enlarge):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, from sunny fla. Love reading your blog! Keep up the postings.
Our biggest excitement is almost hooking a 5' shark yesterday while out on the little boat. Have had beautiful hot muggy weather. Looks like we may have dodge another storm. KIT. AG & UJ