For my 1st night of sightseeing, I decided to stay close-- I went to the Sacre Coeur Basilica... well worth the short walk, as I will probably make the steps in front of it my favorite spot to hang out when I don't feel like sightseeing elsewhere.The Sacre Coeur was built on the highest point of Paris so when you're up at the top, you can see all of Paris (and Jen Lash tells me that the view gets even better in winter when the trees lose their leaves and you can see the Eiffel Tower). The most interesting fact, in my opinion is the following:
Sacré-Cœur is built of travertine stone quarried in Château-Landon (Seine-et-Marne), France. This stone constantly exudes calcite, which ensures that the basilica remains white even with weathering and pollution (Wikipedia).
Oh the little things you learn everyday...
For dinner I had a Chevre Chaud Salade (yeah that's salad with bread and heated cheese-- COME ON, it's like combining two awesome things-- grilled cheese sandwiches and salad!)-- I foresee myself getting addicted...
No comments:
Post a Comment